On some of our TVs we offer an Extended 5yr TV Warranty Cover. In these cases the initial years cover is provided as above, with the remaining warranty period covered by District Electricals. E.g on a new TV with a 12 month manufacturers warranty the first years cover would be provided by the manufacturer, and the additional 4 years by us. You can find detail below of the full terms and conditions of our 5 Year Extended TV Warranty Cover.
Terms and conditions of our 5 Year Extended TV Warranty Cover.
1. Full parts and labour necessary for the repair of a faulty TV (as defined in these terms and conditions).
2. Collection of the faulty TV, and return delivery of repaired TV.
3. If the TV is beyond economical repair we will replace with a similar specification model or make a cash settlement (at our discretion).
District Electricals agrees, subject to the following conditions and exceptions, to extend the warranty for the product for the benefit of the customer named in this agreement. Within the duration of the extended warranty, which is valid in the UK only, the customer will not be charged for repairs to, or replacement of, the extended warranty product(s) in the event of electrical or mechanical failure.
The Company’s liability is limited to the original purchase price of the product or its current value, whichever is the lower. (Current value means the cost of replacement of the product immediately prior to the time of failure with an item of similar age, specification and condition.) In the event that we choose to settle a claim by way of a cash settlement this will be a proportionate refud taking into consideration the length of time the customer has had the TV.
This agreement does not cover...
1. Failures arising from or due to:
a) Failure to comply with the manufacturer’s instructions for use, whether by the named or any other person.
b) The use of accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer.
c) Fire, flood, lightning, theft, explosion, or other causes external to the product covered.
d) Negligent or wilful abuse or misuse of the product covered.
e) The application of an incorrect or abnormal electrical supply or signal lead connection, defects in external wiring or in the electrical connection not forming part of the product covered.
f) Accidental damage including scratching or denting, screen damage etc.
g) District Electricals will not cover any damage caused by animals or insects (e.g. tearing, scratching, chewing or fouling).
h) Failure to comply with the manufacturer’s guidelines for care, maintenance and cleaning (such as, but not limited to, avoiding aerosol cleaners on screens).
2. Costs for which the manufacturer, supplier or any other person may be held responsible under the terms of any existing guarantee or warranty.
3. The costs of:
a) Repairs to components subject to wear and tear.
b) Repairs to exterior paintwork/finishes, external fuses or wires, aerials (other than those which are an internal part of the equipment), cosmetic items i.e. knobs, loss or damage to trim etc.
c) Repairs to loudspeaker drive units when, in the opinion of the manufacturers, such damage has been caused by overdriving and/or clipping distortion.
4. Repair work or attempted repair work which has been carried out by anyone other than District Electricals or its authorised repairers.
5. Loss of use of the product covered, or consequential loss of any nature.
6. Costs incurred in respect of the removal or reinstallation of equipment.
7. Loss or damage occasioned by happening through or in consequence of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, rebellion, revolution or civil commotion.
8. Destruction or damage to or loss of any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising there from or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from:
a) lonising radiation, or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
b) Any radioactivity, toxic or explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
9. Screen burn caused by channel logos or other static images.
10. Damage caused by tipping in transit.
11. Loss, destruction or damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at supersonic speeds. This agreement does not affect your statutory rights.
12. District Electricals will not cover the cost of modifying any cupboards or storage units and work surface where the product is built in which have become obsolete upon provision to you of a replacement product.
13. Individual applications or features on SMART products, and their continued operation are not covered by this guarantee, as manufacturers of the product or providers of the 'apps' reserve the right to update, modify or remove support entirely.
14. Loan units. These are not supplied by District Electricals.
15. Remote controls or 3D Glasses.
1. All benefits under the agreement will cease if...
a) District Electricals have any reasonable grounds to believe that your claim is in any way dishonest or exaggerated, your claim and/or guarantee may become invalid and no refund of the cover, or any remaining terms of the cover will be offered.
b) A fraudulent claim is made.
c) The product covered is at any time used for the purposes other than exclusively private and domestic and installed on domestic premises. Commercial, professional or semi-professional use and use on commercial premises is specifically excluded.
d) A cash settlement in lieu of repairs is made, or a faulty unit is exchanged for a different model.
2. Refund or settlement that is agreed in either cash or vouchers shall not exceed the current retail value of the product which is covered by the District Electricals 5 Year Warranty Cover. Any settlement will be proportionate and will reflect the age of the TV and the amount of use the customer has already had from the TV.
3. If we replace the TV this may be with a different make or model. Any replacement will be of the same or higher specification but may vary in brand, model or features and functions.
4. Any replacement product will come from our available stock which may also include refurbished items.
5. If the Company or its authorised repairer considers the product covered to be beyond economic repair, the Company may at its discretion replace the product with equivalent or similar product or pay to the named person an agreed sum in lieu thereof, taking into consideration the usage and age of the product and the current market price of a replacement product.
7. Following settlement of a total loss claim the agreement expires.
8. The warranty applies in Mainland UK only.